- This event has passed.
Talent! It’s a Utah problem (and solution) – Marquee Event
August 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Many rural communities have high unemployment rates or suffer from residents commuting or relocating to the increasingly crowded Wasatch front to find work (or even worse leaving the state). Yet they have smart, competent residents that with the correct skills, can complement the Wasatch front needs.
This evening we will address the current talent and opportunity climate in Utah, issues that have been identified and how they are being addressed, and some of the solutions that are currently working in our own scenic backyard.
Fireside Chat - "It takes all of Utah!"
A discussion about Utah’s current talent shortage, and how to solve it.
Panel Discussion - "The talent problem (and solution)"
Moderated by Clint Betts - Silicon Slopes
- Lonnie Mayne, Red Shoe Living: why you need culture in the workspace
- Jake Mellor, Carbon County Commissioner: new educational pathways
- Jon Dean, Utah Digital Entertainment Network: AR/VR studio and apprenticeships
- Tami Goetz, Stem Action Center: enhancing compute skills through induction
- Joel McKay Smith, Accelerant: urban workforce problems, rural solutions
This is a free event, but space is limited. RSVP here to reserve your spot.
Hosted by Clint Betts and Silicon Slopes
Sponsored by AccessSaltLake, Accelerant, and EVN Law
- 6:00 Pre-event networking, refreshments
- 6:30 Introductions
- 6:40 Fireside Chat
- 7:10 Networking Break
- 7:20 Panel Discussion
- 8:00 Networking
- 9:00 Doors close